Things can get stressful, busy and overwhelming at times when you’re a work at home mom . . . especially during the months when your kids are off school, or when they just want to get the heck out of the house!
It’s important to incorporate some fun stress relief activities into your day in order to care for yourself, spend some time with your kids and take a break from your business.
Here are my top 10 fun stress relief activities that you can do alone, or with your kids:
- Skip down the street (when I was a kid we called this “hippity-hopping”). It’s really fun to do this while holding hands with your kids. And it’s just simply crazy to do it alone!
- Have a water fight.
- Do some face painting and keep the designs on all day . . . yes, even if you have to run out to the grocery store.
- Blow bubbles. There’s just something about bubbles (I think it’s because taking deep breaths is built into it). I love them!
- Dig in your garden just for fun . . . and maybe make some mud pies.
- Make funny faces.
- Color. Seriously. It’s fun and it’s therapeutic. Use different coloring tools and create pictures in wild colors.
- Write with sidewalk chalk.
- Jump in a jumpy castle (or whatever kind of inflatable jumpy thing you can access).
- Run a lemonade stand . . . why not have fun and teach your kids about business at the same time?
These activities can provide quick breaks, some quality time with your kids (unless you do them alone, which I do challenge you to try) and a lot of laughs. What stress relief activities do you like to add to your day?